· Encourage your child to learn the laws of cricket and play within them.
· Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
· Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
· Never force your child to take part in sport.
· Do not send your child to training sessions or matches if they are unwell or not fit for the activity.
· Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding good performances of all.
· Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
· Publicly accept officials' judgements.
· Support your child's involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
· Use correct and proper language at all times.
· Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
· Ensure your child is safely escorted to and from matches and coaching.
· Provide practical support to the club where possible
eg: refreshments, scoring, kitchen duties etc